Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

a mini-trip

Back in September (I'm still catching up!) we met my parents in St. Louis for a quick weekend trip.  Rowan's immune system apparently sensed a fun trip away and she got pretty ill on the Friday we were supposed to go.  We waited it out, and were able to meet up with my parents the next morning, where she was back to her own cheeky self.
Although we've lived an hour and a half away from St. Louis for over 2 years now, we've never done the touristy stuff with my parents!  We all decided an Anheuser-Busch tour was in order.   So a brewery tour might seem strange for an outing with kiddos.  But the littles loved seeing the stables and the Clydesdales.  And the grownups all loved the free beer!  Win win.  We also went to the arch and took the tiny little capsule elevators to the top to enjoy a perfect-day view.  
And we took them to our favorite place in St. Louis, the botanic gardens!  I can't get enough of the gardens, and we literally stayed until closing.  Pretty sure my parents loved it, too.
 But really, those fish mouths?  Hilarious and only slightly creepy.
It was a perfect little trip away, or almost perfect!  We could have used a couple more days.  But isn't that always the case?

3 comments:

  1. These photos are amazing! What a beautiful trip with your parents! Gigi and Bop are looking wonderful! xxoo Can't believe how much older your littles look now even from this trip! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gardens look so beautiful. And how nice you got away with your folks for a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I used to love touring factories when I was a kid-- I did (and still do) find the machinery fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!