Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

forever in blue jeans, babe... well, not yet.


So the masses have been clamoring for a new post. Here ya go. I'm just going to warn all of you that this is a very controversial post. You have been warned.


The controversy is this: I don't like jeans on babies. I know, I know. People are passionate about this one way or another. I don't mean to stir up trouble, so I apologize in advance for those of you I may offend. And for those of you out there scoffing, you obviously aren't a mom.


Here is my defense- babies that don't walk yet should not wear jeans. ESPECIALLY not overalls, for God's sake!! It just looks so incredibly uncomfortable, I cannot explain the personal pain it brings me to see a poor little 3 month old all scrunched up in stiff overalls stuck in their car seat. UGH!!!! So I didn't put my baby in jeans. At least not until recently. He is not walking independently quite yet, but is cruising (walking while holding onto something for you parental neophytes) so I have conceded to let him wear one pair- one very soft comfy looking pair (see pic). And that is it!! When he is walking independently, he can wear them all the frickin' time for all I care.


Where does this fit into our rules? Well, let me just tell you that all those people who I know (and love despite their wrongness) are pro-babyjeans bought our baby jeans. And so our poor little babe had about 20 pairs of jeans and overalls size 0-9 mo that he never wore. I sold them! That is the point of my story. Just more STUFF that we had to get rid of.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. Though I am a fan of dudes in jeans regardless of age (Wesley has been wearing Levi's since shortly after he came home from the hospital), I understand and respect your opinion. Most importantly, I love the fact that you sold the jeans that people gave you. That is classic. I have never had the courage to part with things that people give us, but you did so and then told about it on your blog! That is outstanding. Huge kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!