Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

friday facts: how we wake up

Just a quick post today.  We've had a pretty basic week, much like the week before.  The absolute truth of being a stay at home mom is that the days are long but the years are short.  My baby is going to be 1 in less than 3 months, and the big boy will be 3 shortly after.  Not sure how this happened, when just yesterday I was in my 20's, sleeping in late on the weekends, shaving my legs, buying a dozen sparkly going-out shirts, and going out for dinner spontaneously with my husband.  But my kids are such a joyful addition to my life, especially when they wake up happy and look like this when I open the curtains:

{Sigh.  Isn't that a marvel?}


Fletcher used to wake up in a similar way.  Now when I open his curtains, he looks like this:


I like to think it's the sun shining in that makes him grimace like that.  But it just might be the fact that I'm singing to him, too.  Everyone is a critic.

p.s. Waiting on pins and needles to hear about a good friend who is in the hopital right now getting ready to have a baby!!!  Thinking about you, E!!



4 comments:

  1. Those are great photos! I'm biased, but still... I like the way little girl is framed! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rowan:
    Good morning, window! So long, warm bed!
    Good morning, branches and birds o'er my head!
    It's a beautiful morning as far as I see,
    But what on this Earth could be cuter than me?

    Fletcher:
    Morning already? Please say it ain't so!
    My feet to the floor are not ready to go!
    My Mama sounds lovely, but despite her sweet singing,
    The sun in my eyes is too bright and it's stinging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that were our house, the top picture would be Mike and the bottom picture would be me!

    The kids here hate my good morning song. They find it very annoying. I find it very effective!

    Loving the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!