Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

reunited

Reunited with my blog!  I really missed blogging.  But I kept wondering what the heck to blog about.  So hang in there with me while I find my way again, cause I feel bloggy.  I really feel bloggy and like I'm overflowing with lots of interesting tidbits about my life.  Well, I may be playing fast and loose with the word "interesting" but, you know.  I'm trying to use a little of this creative energy I have returning to me now that my baby is getting older.  My 2 1/2 year old and 9 month old keep me busy, but I'm finding a little more time here and there to follow my bliss. Or, something less pukey sounding than that.  But that's the idea.  My littles make me happy, but I can always find more happiness in this world!

So for my first post, I'll share my Valentine's Day!  My husband is pretty awesome and takes really good care of us (and our country... he is in the ARMY).  So I wanted to do something special for him.  I found a yummy looking recipe involving two of his loves: brownies and oreos.  I found it here.  Basically it involves dipping oreos into brownie batter, throwing them in the oven, and then decorate them fancy-like.  Here is what they looked like out of the oven:
And then I put pretty red hearts on them so they'd look Valentiney.

And out of the oven, oh yum!  They were soft and gooey, and Fletcher ate 2 or 3 to help out.  We found out later that they harden to the consistency of coal.  Poor Brian.  I sent them off with him today to work with instructions to have his people warm them in a microwave for a few secs.  Perhaps I did something wrong, but the directions were pretty straightforward.  Sigh.

After helping out with the taste-testing, I made Fletcher a hotdog with a special side of ketchup for lunch.  His face says it all!  (And YES I also gave him some carrots and apples, and I give him nitrate-free hotdogs for all you judgy-judgersons out there)


Brian outdid himself and brought home 3 bouquets of flowers (including my fav- tulips!) cards, balloons and gifts for the kids, and chocolate for mama.  My 3 funny Valentines-


Anyhoo, I also made his favorite meal, steak the size of your head, and double baked potatoes.

And he likes it still mooooing.  Hey, this is true love when a vegetarian picks out a bloody steak for her carnivorous husband.  And then once the kiddos were tucked tightly to sleep, we ate and drank and were generally merry! 

 *burp*
Hope you all had a fabulous Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see you posting again lady. Your newfound photog tendencies add to the blogging nicely. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, ruthie, you are awesome. Its like reading a valentine story where the characters are adorable, the plot delectable, and the ending oh so sweet. I loved it! Bravo to bloggo! Keep it up and I'm gonna have to add to my sweet tooth inventory...that dessert looked to die for!! Thanks for sharing, thanks for caring. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. Punctuational error in previous post unavoided. Damn you, swype!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!