Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

past in picture: may, 2001

In May, 2001, we had been dating for over a year.  Brian was spending the year in Korea, teaching English.  I had fallen in love with a man with serious wanderlust.  Me.  The home body.  So I chucked my job, and joined him for the month of May, spending every second that a tourist visa would allow.  I even taught some classes at his school.  Learned that teaching is NOT for me.  Learned that living abroad can be an adventure, especially with a fun man with wanderlust.  I ate food I couldn't identify, got touched and photographed by curious Koreans, and left more in love with the most adventurous man I've ever known.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure {and love story}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful adventure {and love story}!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Story ♡

    Wish you a great Weekend ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. How romantic! That's a very sweet story, I have both wanderlust AND am a homebody so go figure :) Happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! You both look soooo young. But it's sweet that you're both still as in love as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, such a sweet story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sweet... an incredible adventure and great love.
    nice meeting your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I love flashback photos. I spent all of 2001 either pregnant or with a newborn. It was an interesting year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet photo. I think it is great to get some travelling in pre-children. Cuz you know how hard it is after. ;)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!