Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

hold tight

I know we all held our littles a bit tighter over the weekend.  It is a difficult time for such a tragedy to happen, but then there is no good time.  What happened in Sandy Hook Elementary school reminds us all that life is fleeting.  And that tragedy can touch us in the most unlikely places.  My heart and prayers go out to Newton community.

Last night, I edited these pictures from Fletcher and Rowan's Christmas pageant, and I couldn't help but tear up at the thought of families spending Christmas without their small children.  I know that this post is a bit of a downer, but I am going to share the pictures from the pageant.  I am so grateful for my little family, and although I want to hold tight and never let go, the world can have an unknown factor in our lives no matter how tightly we hold.  And that is just life.

So.  Here are pictures from the pageant.  It was amazingly cute, uplifting, hilarious, and just darling.  Rowan was a huge ham, dancing her way through the songs, and singing out loudly!  Fletcher was more serious, more committed to completing the task at hand.  They both had such a great time.
 She danced, she sang out, and let me just remind you all that she started school only a few weeks ago.  The other children had been practicing for weeks before Rowan joined.  She's apparently a natural.
 The boy next to Fletcher was shouting out his songs, which is why Fletcher is giving him the stink eye here.
 He's smiling here because he caught my eye and I made a goofy face.
They were both so happy at the end.  You could tell they just had an endorphin flood with all the singing and dancing, and were so shiny and happy.  And I don't think I could be a stage mom, because my heart was beating so hard for them.  For a preschool program!  It was such a perfect Christmas pageant.  Brian and I laughed through the whole event, and we all left with big smiles on our faces.

I hope you are all holding tight and enjoying every second with your kiddos this season.  It's taking on a greater meaning for me this year.  Be blessed, friends.

7 comments:

  1. So adorable! Incidentally, I "tagged" you in a holiday themed post-- you can read it & play along here!
    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/2012/12/monday-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could write a novel about the thoughts and emotions I feel in response to the Newtown tragedy. It is true that having young children of your own tears at your heart even more. But. The pictures of Rowan and Fletcher are adorable! I'm glad you're celebrating their light and joy with us. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they are just so adorable and what a great little pageant. I'm also still grieving, so hard to process, especially when you have young kids. I do feel very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I'm up a few more times a night with my little one, and starting the next day on little sleep, my mind can't even entertain the thought of complaining. I am so happy and thankful that I have my little one to hold. Praying for the families of Newtown that their strength and faith can help the healing process. When we choose to become parents, we do not own our children, but only get to guide them for a short while. Our time with them is precious. And we are reminded to cherish every little experience we have.
    Beautiful pictures and heartfelt smiles! They are just angels on Earth, all the kids. God bless each one and may He hold them in His care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well OF COURSE Rowan is a natural, what did you expect?! Girl's got talent, that's for sure. :)
    And they are both just so so cute.

    As I sit in the toy-scattered war-zone that is our family room, my heart just aches for those families in CT. I've definitely been holding my babies closer and letting the little things slide. I just can't fathom it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are completely cute! Love it!

    I had some trouble putting my kids on the school bus yesterday. It's hard to let them out of your sight. I hadn't told them about the tragedy because I don't want them to be afraid at school. But, of course, other kids told them so we had to have a discussion about it. Like us, they can't understand who would hurt tiny children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m still terrified by that terrible event, can´t stop thinking about those kids. :-( I do love your pics though, they make me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!