Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

reject pictures for the Christmas card

The day we got our tree last weekend, I took a billion pictures hoping for something usable for our Christmas card.  I did actually find one mediocre picture that will appear on the card, but I was tempted to scrap the whole idea of a lovely picture of my littles smiling, and just make a funny card with any of these pictures.  But since they ultimately did NOT make the cut, I'm sharing my reject pictures here for your own enjoyment.
Yep, Fletcher checking out angel anatomy and his various faces didn't make the cut.  Neither did Rowan driving and Brian sitting in her seat for the ride.  Fletcher was seriously worried.  But she did just fine.  Mostly because she couldn't reach the pedal.

Do you send out a Christmas/holiday card with a picture?  Do you find it as difficult as I do?  Please say yes.

10 comments:

  1. Haha, I love these pics - and they look adorable in the same kind of sweater! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving myself permission to skip the card this year. There. Just did it. Can't wait to see yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't send a single thing out! Good for you girl. And I think any of those photos would make a delightful card! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. There you go. It can be a tough task, that whole Christmas card photo thing. We just plopped baby Jackie in a neighbor's nativity scene to pose as the baby Jesus...hmmm, is that sacrilege? Hope not cause it's on our card! I say, when you have a moment, just do it! Love the rejects! I love funny facial expressions going on a holiday greeting card in general. I'm all for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute pics! We do a card, but just with photos of the kid. I wanted to do a family photo this year, but I just couldn't make it happen. Can't wait to see the chosen pic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures. So much character in those kids. Brought back memories of going for the tree last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fletcher sure knows how to ham it up for the camera. Wish I could get mine to smile on purpose! I, too, love the pictures. But one year it would be fun to send out a card with the "rejects". And I think Karen's idea sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just don't know what I'd do if you didn't have a blog. (Yes I do, I'd be VERY VERY SAD.) I love photo Christmas cards and it PAINS me to find the perfect photo for ours. I lucked out and have a photographer friend that took pics for me this year. I hope you'll post the winning picture after you mail yours out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see where Fletcher gets his face making now! ;) I love their shirts. Oh, the joys of trying to get family photos without somebody crying or stomping their feet. I usually do the second. I need your address so I can send you guys a card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The look on Fletcher's face in the last pic is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!