Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

make something

One of my New Year's resolutions was to make something once a week.  Create something with my own hands.  I can't tell you how happy I am when I am making something.  I always want to finish, finish, finish, but then when I am actually finished with my project, I feel sad that it's over.  Is that weird?  Probably.

And these somethings that I am creating every week?  Well, I am keeping some, and I am giving other somethings away.  I've already been mailing out packages with somethings in them to friends and family.  And I am definitely counting something as small as a batch of cookies sent with Brian to share at work.

We're just about to say good bye to January, and I have to tell you that making something to give to someone else has kept me happy through a dreary winter month.

So.  Check back soon, because I am going to make something for you (yes, YOU, reading this right now).  I will post soon on the details, because I really want to send you something special.  Because you're kind of awesome to just be here right now, and you have no idea how much it means to me.  You're pretty much the best ever.

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you count food, otherwise I can't say I make something once a week. ;) I did make a heart banner (with the kids) that I'm going to post about soon. Your t-shirts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting adventure! Lucky fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true how making something for yourself can be satisfying but making something for someone else can keep you cheerful even when it's gloomy for awhile. I have to admit I read one of your sentences wrong and thought it said something about you having been making something that has kept you happy and that you'll be able to tell soon and my mind jumped to you referring to being pregnant! Hmmm...maybe a future project? ;)

    Well, I hope you know how much YOUR presence in this space is appreciated by everyone that reads because there's always something uplifting and humorous posted and you really do bring joy to my life through your comments elsewhere and your friendship in general. You're a gem, Ruthie! A gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a great feeling to be working on a project and 'making something'. I'm impressed that you've been keeping up your pace and always love seeing what you're making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You brightened up my January for sure by sending that sweet sweet package to me!! Thank you for using your talents (because ohmygoodness yes you are so talented) to bring joy to others! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these ladies hit it on the bullseye. Your creative projects indulge all our fancies, and even if we never make a single craft or recipe that you post about, we are loving the stories, pictures, ingredients, and instructions because it is always inspiring. Your "how-to's" become "can-do's" for someone else, maybe in their own new way. That's the great thing about sharing. You have us all pumped up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Ruthie, I loved this post. I always have a project (or three going) and it's a good feeling. I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Can't hear the details-- & I feel the same way about projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous idea! And the stuff you make it awesome so I bet all your recipients are very happy about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Your diy stuff is always so sweet and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!