Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

keeping busy


How can it be Thursday already?  I really thought that this long summer days would just drag on and on.  I thought I'd be desperate to keep the littles busy and happy.  I thought it would be hard to fill our summer days.  I was wrong.  So far...  I'm probably jumping the gun here, since school hasn't been out for even 2 weeks yet, but we have been really jam-packing in the summer fun around here.  Trips to an amusement park, trips to the pool, trips to the playground, trips to the farm, even trips to the coffee shop!  And it has felt busy, which is why I realized only this morning that I hadn't posted anything since Monday.  And even now I'm in a race with the clock to post this before a morning trip to the park where we are meeting friends to play.

In between all the busy has been working in our garden, working on making somethings, and getting our pool opened.  It should be opened in time for the weekend.  Bone chilling cold, but open.  We have a birthday party this weekend, and a big town festival.  So no end in sight to keeping busy!  And you know what?  I'm liking it that way.

How are you keeping busy with littles this summer?  I'm sure I'll run out of ideas, so let me steal yours, okey-dokey?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Fun and busy, no doubt. I am sure the kiddos are enjoying themselves. Looking forward to pool pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, it looks like you're having zero trouble with ideas of things to stay busy. These are all great little field trips...a little water fun, a little farm action, so far so great! Glad to see you all enjoying yourselves! Summer will inevitably start going faster, kind of like the toilet paper roll in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It DOES look like you have been busy. And boy your are providing the kiddos with lots of great experiences! We have a month to go before my kids are off school. I'll worry about keeping them busy later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a fun mom! So glad you have a pool to keep the hot summer days from keeping you inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that you guys have been having such a fun time- yay for summer. I really envy that pool too, pregnant lady's heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy family you are - enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring on the crazy lazy hazy days of summer

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!