Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

fall, fall, fall

This week's You Capture theme is Fall.  If I haven't mentioned it, Fall is my favorite season.  I adore Fall for the colors, the clothes, the food, and all the Fall festivities.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces of Fall from around here.

I'm really enjoying the leaf garland I made and the Fall Birdie painting I did.  Just gotta get to work on that Winter Birdie here soon!
It's pretty much an unofficial tradition that I get new pair of boots every Fall.  These are my new Minnetonka boots fresh from UPS delivery yesterday!  Beyond comfy.
And these are from a recent trip to the nearby state park where we like to feed the ducks and geese.
I start putting pumpkin into EVERYTHING I cook, including these pumpkin raviolis.  And I just made pumpkin spice nutella muffins the other day.  Whoa.
 I love mums.  They are one of my favorite flowers, and then smell is pure FALL!
 South Carolina doesn't have the intense swaths of color that I so loved back home, but you can still find plenty of pretty changed leaves.  These are right out our window!
The one thing I don't like about Fall?  The sunsets that creep up earlier and earlier especially after the time change.  I would like longer days in the Fall, please.  Where do I lodge that complaint??  Mother Nature?  God?  Uh, the government that keeps daylight savings?

7 comments:

  1. Oh Man, those pumpkin ravioli's look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Fall is my favorite time of the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. Autumn is also my favorite time of year as well. It makes me feel alive and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog today..cute, cute! I'm your newest Google Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pumpkin spice Nutella muffins. OMG. That just might be the first time I've ever written "OMG" in a comment, but, well, how absolutely divine those sound!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i pulled my boots out yesterday, too. i live in florida where we really don't have much of a fall or a winter, so i really enjoyed looking at your pictures! thanks for sharing :)

    i really liked your shadow shot, too! nice twist on a family photo :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!