Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

baby fever

I just got to spend the past weekend with this little cutie.  This is my friend's new baby boy, Jackson.  They call him Jackie, and oh boy is he a doll.  Such a good good baby.  He barely fussed unless hungry or tired.  And then he'd just eat and fall asleep!  So good.  (You're lucky, Karen!!)  I flew out to visit them in sunny Arizona.  Karen and I got lots of fun shopping and eating out excursions in, thanks to such a good baby.  We had so much fun, and I'll share more pictures of this delicious babe.  The camera loves him! 

And now I miss my friend!  It's so sad to live so far from the ones you love most.  I know I'm not alone in that.  But I would just love to drop in with my friends any time, share babysitting, share parties, share our lives.  I love these little visits with my best friends, but they leave me wanting so much more!

Do you live close to your good friends?  Or do you share life from afar?

9 comments:

  1. Umm...that baby would totally give me baby fever. Those sweet cheeks! I held a five week old baby today and it was the best feeling. Not enough to make me want to have one of my own, but I'll hold someone else's any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of my most important friends far away unfortunately, but we try to keep in contact as good as we can. Sweet little one! :-)

    Do I dare to hope that the package has arrived? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. being military i haven't lived near family until the last 13yearrs when my husband went reserves. then it was we moved close to the side family I liked the least but the job was there. God always brought good out of it but I still have to wonder why not near those we enjoyed way better and had more of the same likings. now I'm trying to stay close to my growing family. This economy is making it hard so I take all the togetherness when I get it. Enjoy your visits and travels

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie face! My sister's little boy (3 yrs) is named Jackson-- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I live closer than most Army folks to my good friends and family, but it still does not feel close enough. And you are something like 8 hours away, right? I am seriously considering making a trip up there, you better believe it. I have another good Campbell friend that moved there right after Molly was born. I'm thinking if your baby fever turns into a full-on flu/rash/hives/rabies (due to my children, obvs), then we could go crash there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just visited today with one of my friend's who has a son Wyatt's age and now a new 5 week old and total baby fever! Sounds like you had a great trip, most of my friend's are far away too (trade babysitting?! that would be heaven).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still get baby fever, and my youngest is almost 8. Then, one of my kids wakes us up in the middle of the night. And I realize I don't want to get up with a baby at night anymore! He is seriously a cutie, though. If someone else would take the night shift...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruthie, you took a great one! He looks so happy and full of life! And I love that you nicknamed him Cheeks McGee. That is the best. We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is sooo cute and so it that shirt. I'm waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!