Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ready

Yesterday Rowan started preschool. Unbelievable. She is only 2 1/2, and Fletcher just started this year at age 4! But ever since Fletcher started, she has talked non-stop about school and how much she wanted to go. The director of the school and the teachers got to know Rowan pretty well over the past few months, and Rowan charmed herself into that school.

Children are supposed to be potty trained before going to this school, but my stubborn 2 year old just won't work on it. So when the director or teachers would ask about her, I'd say, "Nope, she's not ready!" Because what stay at home mom starts her kids at preschool so early, anyway? Well, this one does.

The director pulled me aside, and told me that she has 2 teachers willing to work with Rowan on potty training at school. And that is how my 2 year old started preschool. She goes Tuesdays and Thursdays for a couple hours.

When I met with Rowan's teacher, I warned her that while Rowan can be cute and charming, she is made up of stubborn strong will and the lung capacity to scream longer and louder than anyone I know. I told the teacher, "You asked for it. Literally!" And when I picked up Rowan yesterday, the teacher said she could see what I was saying. But she also said she listened and followed directions, and is happily learning the songs for the Christmas pageant. Which is good because when I try and sing songs with her, she will bossily call out, "NO! Jingle bells!" or "twinkle twinkle!" The girl knows what she wants.

I think preschool is a hit! And since Rowan's class is in the morning, and Fletcher's class is in the afternoon, Fletcher and I get a little bonding time two days a week.

I didn't think we were ready for this step, but I was clearly wrong.


6 comments:

  1. Yep, she is ready and it is good for you. It will make for good time with Fletcher without the pushy one taking over. Hug 'em both for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Miss R! Some say "bossy," others may say "assertive," either way, she clearly has the charm for drawing others to her electric disposition. And, uh, she also has great negotiating skills apparently, and if she can warm and woo the hearts of the preschool teachers, just think of the excitement she has ahead of her! Her personality is like that of a magnet, people want to be around her! That is a great step for all of you! Congrats Rowan! Can't wait to hear about your debut in the pageant! You go girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! The same thing happened to my youngest girl when her big bro went to school-- be proud Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is adorable and she looks very excited. Enjoy the time with your little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you rang that bell! Such a big girl and I'm proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it! She is getting to be such a big girl. We applied to preschool (two mornings, like this) for next fall. We'll see if we get in :) It makes me laugh that we have to see if we get into preschool. I'm kind of nervous about it though, and very unsure about that potty training. I'll be watching to see how it goes for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!