Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

thankful

Yes, we're in full Christmas mode here, but I thought I'd pause that a second and go back to last week. At Fletcher's school, his class had a list of what the kids were thankful for. There was a lot of "my family" "my house" or even "good food." Fletcher's contribution was "my stink bug." What? He doesn't even have a stink bug. That kid. So I tried at home to talk about what being thankful means and we started our own thankful list.

Rowan's thankful list was a little unorthodox, including "the girl on the refrigerator" and "my body." She has a magnetic paper doll on the fridge that she dresses up, for the record. But I think I got Fletcher understanding what we Should be truly thankful for. Even Papa participated! (F=Fletcher, R=Rowan, M=mama, P=papa). Fletcher does still insist he is thankful for his stink bug. And who doesn't feel thankful for cheese crackers???








7 comments:

  1. Very sweet post. I was worried about the girl on the fridge until you clarified...I thought you had ghosts in the house. ;) Fletcher's a character. At least he doesn't give a typical answer. He's creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That. Is. HILARIOUS. I would love to hear F elaborate about his stink bug. That tickled my funny bone. Your littles are one in a million, Ruthie. I can't wait to hear such tales from Jackie one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stink bug?! That's too funny, I wonder what he was thinking about. Your list is sweet, it is always nice to consider all we have to be thankful for. Wyatt is still too non-verbal to tell me, but I'm pretty sure it would be fruit and monkeys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Fletcher is hilarious. I love the things he says. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you SURE he doesn't have a stink-bug? I'd be checking those hiding spots in his room. ;) I'm thankful for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! If Fletcher is in to stink bugs, we have tons over here this year...& seriously, who isn't thankful for cheese crackers??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea to stay reminded of the best things in life, including your cooking, Rowan's body, Fletcher's cheese crackers and Papa's work ethic!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!