Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

steamed

Can we all just breathe a sigh of relief here in America?  Regardless for whom you cast your ballot, IT IS OVER.  For 4 years.  I feel like a weight has been lifted this morning because I no longer have to deal with political ads, signs in neighbor's yards, and vitriolic posts on all social media.  Oh!  And now I can unhide friends and family on Facebook whose posts had become bitter and biased (I wonder what they've been up to?).  I enjoy a political debate as much as the next person, but ignorant posts had become rampant across the board. 
I have a feeling quite a lot of the country (nearly half) is feeling quite steamed this morning.  But let's move forward.  Let's stop the biased battles, and let's hope our divided government can find a way to work across the aisle.  If you need to channel your frustration here's something for you: should we start decorating for Christmas BEFORE Thanksgiving?  I know, it's controversial, and I hope I don't have to lose friends over this argument, ha! 
In all seriousness, I hope our country can move forward in a healthy way.  It all starts with each of us.

10 comments:

  1. Agreed! It is so hard to keep cool and not get crazy when debating issues that are so key to our personal values, but ultimately it's rare that we change anyone's mind and it just makes for a whole lot of tension. It is always easier to take the high road as a winner... but I'm taking the high road and hoping we can all get along and move the country forward. No more propaganda! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether it's personal issues, family values, social concerns, or politcal attitudes, NO president--once elected--should have to face strong resistance and a cold shoulder from the people. This country needs to pull up its bootstraps and band together to make progress and move forward with a healthy perspective. Either candidate was facing a huge sets of problems, so it doesn't really matter WHO our leader is as long as the American people, Congress, and the president can start seeing eye to eye to bridge the difficult gap for so many forlorn citizens. I know that it was a close race, which always seems to mean half the people celebrate while half comisserate, but I wish we could all just remember how lucky we are that we are free. Free to have held that election. Free to have checks and balances so no one entity gets out of control. Our democracy will persevere and the man in charge will help to lead us in the right direction. He has to. Our people are depending on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and can I have some of what they're having?
    (@ Fletcher and Rowan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've apparently hidden all of my facebook friends who've ever posted anything political because things were pretty quiet yesterday. I do feel like the American people have made a pretty clear decision and now it's time to get to work. Things aren't looking good and I don't what the solutions are, but I'm thinking surely things can't get much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish America all the best and hope everyone in power will work for a common goal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get your wish and everyone works together in the interests of your country. I kept an eye on the results myself, even here in Canada. Your politics have much more entertainment value than ours...more of the drama of the movies...the characters, the insults, the plot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must work with, not against as my husband continually reminds us all. May we work toward that goal. Great steaming pics, Ruthie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!! Exactly! And fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agreed, now moving on to more important topics: how do you take a picture of steam? Why is it that your camera takes such better pictures than mine but they are the same model? :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!