Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

darth vader + fairy

We had a pretty great Halloween.  The littles cooperated like champs with their costumes, and even stuck with what they wanted to be for Halloween for over a month.  So I actually had over a month to get their costumes ready.  You would think I wouldn't be frantically sewing leaves onto a headband the morning of Halloween, but, hello, my name is Ruthie and I procrastinate.  We still got ready just in time for Fletcher's preschool party, and I even had time to snap some pictures before it was time to leave.
The preschool party was brief but fun, just the way I like my preschool parties.  Rowan was pretty happy about getting to participate for an hour, and she crashed hard at nap time.  Yay for preschool parties!
We were all excited to have Papa home early so we could all go trick or treating together.  We were informed that no one trick or treated in our neighborhood, and that everyone went downtown to the businesses.  So we packed up and journeyed to the candy.  The littles had a great time going from store to store, begging for candy.  We live in a college town, so there was a fair share of spooky costumes, which I was afraid would scare the kiddos.  Fletcher took it all in stride, with his eyes a little larger than usual.  Rowan would ask to be picked up if we were coming upon a scary costume, and then she would stare them down with her own big eyes.  She was brave as long as someone was holding her!  I know the feeling. 
We came back home with our bags loaded, and feeling exhausted.  The littles got to choose 2 or 3 pieces of candy, which sent them reeling around the house.  But then the crash happened, and we turned on The Great Pumpkin as we wound down for bed.  And as we were watching, we got a surprise visit from a couple trick or treaters!  So we (sneakily) gave them some of the littles candy.  Halloween was a success! 

How was your Halloween?  Would you rate it a success?




5 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had fun! We stayed home and passed out candy, kept Wyatt up late in costume... it was a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute - and I DO love your hubby´s outfit, cool to have a kilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a spook-tacular time! Did you get any good stuff in there like Heath or Take 5? I am in withdrawal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are just too too cute! Love the pictures. I'm glad everyone had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanna squeeze Rowan!! Her hair, her headband, her tights/leggings, ah! Too much cuteness!!! And I wouldn't dare call Darth Vader cute, but.... he is. :)

    Glad y'all got some candy and had a fun evening. :) (I hope you sampled to make sure it was all safe for consumption.)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!