Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

a day off

We looked at one more house on Saturday.  It was our 6th day of walking into other people's houses, poking around, and wondering at their carpet or paint choices.  Seriously.  I'm no home decorating guru by a stretch, but how does peachy orange walls through an ENTIRE house strike you as a good idea? 

So after seeing that last house we took the rest of the weekend off.  It was glorious.  We wore our green on Saturday, and found a pretty nice parade nearby!
Hey, guess who's living near an Army base!  We are! 
Rowan won the contest for most beads and candy thrown to her.  But then she did the most clapping, smiling, and waving.  I think Fletcher would have won or at least tied, but this was his face for the people in the parade.
At least his socks were awesome.  He was pretty excited about the army tanks, but the rest was just ok, according to him.  We were kind of bummed about no bagpipers.  It just didn't feel right.  But we took what we could get!

After the parade and a quick lunch, Brian indulged me in a little trip to a trading post/antique store right on Rt. 66.  Living near Rt. 66 seems to mean living near a billion antique/thrift/trading posts.  I'm not complaining.  Rowan was not either, since she was further immersed in dead animals.  Which she apparently loves.  Don't look at me, I'm the vegetarian!
Excuse the blurry photo.  She took the hat off before I could adjust the camera.  I found this lovely yarn art, but much to Brian's relief, passed it over.  But he was tempted by the multiple juke boxes, and we both liked the Hoosier cabinet and old stove. 
I'll share what I bought when I get the chance to actually photograph them.  We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, playing, watching Yo Gabba Gabba on Netflix, watching the sun set, and the helicopter take off and land near us.
The neon hotel sign really pulls that sunset together, no?  And don't worry.  I'll update you on the epic quest for a decent house.  Soon.  Hopefully. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I've been scouring craigslist for a cheap Hoosier cabinet. I love those things. Can't wait to see what treasures you've found.

    And orange-peachy walls huh? Niiiice. Guess I can't say too much, as we haven't painted a single wall since we moved in (white, white, more boring white). Although we did get all gung-ho one day and painted our front door blue. We're ultra-crafty like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have nothing against white walls. Especially when you're renting! Let me know if you find a cheap Hoosier cabinet. Those things are pricey!

      Delete
  2. Glad that you guys got a day off to have some fun! Looks like everyone had a good day- you'll find that perfect house this week right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Days off are good! And a wonderful choice of day to take for the family. Now take a deep breath & dive back in!

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoosier cabinet? I just felt like saying it as a question..."who's yer cabinet?"
    Yes, I didn't get much sleep last night.
    Awesome green, way to represent!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!