1. Since starting this new job in March, Brian has had a reduced staff due to pregnancies, injuries, and people just plain up and leaving the Army (not blaming them!). So we're lucky when he makes it home in time to just see the littles before they get tucked into bed. And when he actually gets home early enough to play with them before bed? We're all in heaven.
all her posts, especially dealing with a busy little boy and a newborn girl. Been there! Plus I can commiserate with being a sahm AND an Army spouse.
3. I got to spend the whole day out and about in Jefferson City last Saturday all by myself (thank you, Brian!!). I hit a couple of thrift stores, ate a leisure lunch out, stopped at a craft store, Barnes & Nobles, a couple clothing stores, and topped it all off with a trip to Target. Yes, our closest Target is 1 1/2 hours away. Sad times. It was an awesome day, and I snagged a couple of gems thrifting, including these Pyrex refrigerator dishes that match some of my hand-me-down Pyrex. Cute!
5. I realized when I saw this recipe that I have never cooked with beets before! Crazy! Probably because Brian detests them, but since he'll be gone next week I think I'll try them out. Looks delicious.
6. I'm looking forward to planting my herbs and maybe some lettuce this weekend! And I think Brian will put in his pumpkin patch. We missed doing it last year due to moving, but it's a tradition with him. He puts in a massive pumpkin patch, finding new and interesting pumpkins, and then we have a harvest party to share. The year before, our yield was around 40. Can we skip over summer and just head toward fall? No? *sigh*
10. I love when dinner turns out so pretty, I feel compelled to take it outside in the waning light and take a picture of it on our deck. Pretty. Oh, and tasty, too!