Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

coconut + lime popsicles


Hi Summer.  Have we not given you enough attention?  Because this is a real tantrum with these 105 temps.  In the Midwest!  Don't you know that's way too hot for us Midwesterners?  All right.  We'll play along and make popsicles.  Is there a better combination than coconut and lime?  Peanut butter and chocolate, cheddar cheese and apples, coffee and caramel, vodka and the freezer are all contenders, sure.  But coconut and lime is such a summery combination! If you need a cold treat, go gather these ingredients:

3 limes
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3- 4 T honey
makes 10 small popsicles

First zest 2 of your limes into a large bowl.
Add your coconut.  I had my assistant add it.
Pour in the coconut milk- you or your assistant.
Add the yogurt.
Juice all 3 limes into your mixture.
Add your honey.  I only added 3 T to mine because I wanted to keep these popsicles tart and refreshing.  If you like it sweeter, I suggest adding more as you taste to find the right sweetness level for you.
Whisk the mixture together well.
Pour into popsicle molds.
I added a bit of coconut on top (bottom?) because I love coconut. 
Freeze overnight or 8 hours. 
Enjoy, and stay cool!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! Gonna try this out asap~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yum! I have been loving cocunut milk lately and these look great. I also keep hearing that song in my head about the lime in the coconut :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, can you be my neighbor!!! I bet not only do these taste super yummy but I bet your home smelled like Hawaii while making them :-) I LOVE coconut everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative combo! Nice way to beat the heat for sure.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!