Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

don't worry

Easier said than done.  I borrowed Bob Marley's lyrics and I designed and embroidered this little sampler to remind me not to worry so much.  But I am a chronic worrier.  I always have been.  I can turn a concern over and over in my head until it is a smoothly polished river rock of a worry.  Which doesn't lessen my concern.  Just makes it familiar and more permanent. 

I've had plenty of real, solid circumstances to worry about.  And trust me, I worried hard.  But I can worry about the lettuce going bad in the vegetable crisper, too.  And that kind of worry can just eat away at you, leaving you exhausted. 

So I'm trying to change this very bad habit.  It's been difficult.  I may have even worried about it... But I'm feeling better about letting things go a little.  I've {mostly}stopped worrying so much about the amount of food Rowan doesn't eat.  I've {mostly} stopped worrying about Fletcher's stubborn ways towards learning to write his name.  I've {mostly} stopped worrying about if, when, or where Brian will be deployed next.

Since I've stopped the worry a little, I feel more room for happiness.  And letting in more happiness can only help to quash all the worry. 

Three Little Birds
"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

9 comments:

  1. That sampler is too sweet. As a fellow worrier I feel your pain- that song is always great for lifting a tense mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, very well made! I don´t know a woman who doesn´t worry - I constantly remind myself that I shouldn´t..! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful, both the embroidery & the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little sampler! I am a worrier too! I was raised by two extreme worriers. I am trying to worry less as well. We are works in progress, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely precious. i love the song, and you represented it so sweetly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You came by your worrying ways honestly. I love the sampler and the message. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this! and i love that song, it's my facebook quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gawd I just think we came from the same mother sometimes. Chronic worry-wart here. And yes, I worried every day this week that the cauliflower would turn before it had its time to become dinner. (and it didn't! My worrying saved it!!)

    And seriously woman? You need to open an Etsy shop already. You are TALENTED.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the cutest thing I've ever seen! Andrew loves that song. It's one of our favorite dance party tunes.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!