Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

the day for fathers


I was lucky enough to spend the day with both my own father and the father of my children yesterday.  And it was a pretty great day, even for this tired daughter/wife.  I would have brought Brian breakfast in bed, but he bounded out of bed to make his famous Scotch Eggs.  He insisted I take pictures for the blog, so recipe tomorrow, my friends.  Get your gallon of oil ready.
We had an eventful hour at church.  And by eventful, I mean lots of hysterics from the littles.  Not great for Father's Day, but oh well.  When we got back home I took a few pictures of the littles with the fathers before sequestering myself to the kitchen for the day.  The littles barely cooperated.
But everyone looked pretty great anyway!  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen with my mom, while the guys swam in the pool and relaxed.  But I enjoy spending time in the kitchen with my mom, so it was all win win.  I even got a little help from our household streaker.
Not the conventional way to roll out pie crust, but he's an innovator!  We ate dinner outside, and swam some more!  It was a long, relaxing, exhausting day, but I think the fathers enjoyed themselves!
Oh tomato pie.  If you have never eaten tomato pie, your life cannot be complete until you do.  I just so happen to have posted a recipe for it last summer here.  We substituted caramelized leeks for the onions yesterday- it was just as delicious, by the way.

It was a fun day.  We all partied like rock stars!
Until we all passed out like rock stars.
Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.  Hope your day was wonderful!

6 comments:

  1. What a whirlwind of a Father's Day! My hubby is eagerly awaiting your hubby's scotch egg recipe lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and that Tomato pie sounds yummy, I do love tomatoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. The first picture is soooo a picture of your "kid". 2. Luke and Fletcher have matching swim trunks! They are BFFs already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect Father's Day, and that tomato pie looks sooo good. I love that picture of the truck driving over the pie crust- got to love boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to literally jump in that pool RIGHT NOW! I am loving the distraction of your blog today, by the way. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not argue with a man who insists on cooking, even on Father's Day. What can you do? Beautiful pictures! The naked pie maker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!