Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

what i'm loving lately: for my summer face

Here's a peek into my teenage years: I was obsessed with NOT getting wrinkles.  Yes, as a teenager.  I've also always been very pale, and I don't really tan.  I pink up a little, but no tan.  So while my friends were all laying out, worshipping the sun for a nice bronze glow, I was, uh, wearing a hat.  Don't get me wrong.  I tried.  I would try for a bronze glow, but it was definitely more a pink glow.  And never on my face.  I always kept my face covered.  Flash forward (a LOT) of years, and here I am, still wearing a hat.  And I know you're in suspense: I've got the beginnings of wrinkles anyway.  But I know it would be way worse if I had left that hat off! 
Now that the sun is so intense, and my children won't always stay in during the brightest part of the day, I've added some new products to my makeup line-up this summer.  And I like them so much, I wanted to share them with you! 

First I put on the L'Oreal Sublime Sun on after my daily moisturizer.  It is very silky and lightweight for a sunscreen, and blends right in.  When you pour it into your hand, it's very liquidy instead of creamy like most sunscreens.  And on top of that, in place of a foundation (which I don't wear normally) I use Neutrogena's Glow Sheers.  It's a tinted moisturizer, so you could definitely skip your regular moisturizer if you'd like.  I have dry skin, so I just layer it on up.  It provides just a bit of coverage foundation-wise.  I only use a small amount, because I don't normally wear foundation.  If you didn't notice in the picture, the Sublime Sun is SPF 50, and the Glow Sheers is SPF 30.  So I feel pretty covered when I wear these.  And I've gotten some compliments on my skin lately, even a comment on my skin being "perfect." Which it is NOT.  So I'm laying the blame on these products! 

Happy sun-worshipping!  I still wear a hat.

*I received no compensation for this post.  L'Oreal and Neutrogena have no idea who I am.

7 comments:

  1. I too am all about the tinted moisturizer with 30 SPF. I have the beginning of wrinkles on my stupid forehead. I'm fighting it though with my tinted sunscreen/moisturizer. I love Dermalogica's Ultra Sensitive Tint. I love, love, love Dermalogica's product line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura Collins, Laura Collins. It's me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I'm a pale face too {I tend to burn then freckle} and I LOVE tinted moisturizers {do you find that real foundation seems to "stand out" on pale skin? Thats my main gripe with 'em}. Will definitely add these products to my next shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new photo of yourself! I never went for tanning either. I'm also a pale one. Like you said, I DO have wrinkles, but there could have been more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also in the pale camp... I've been getting so much sun since I started stating home though that I do need to get a good hat. I will have to try put these products, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tinted moisturizers are the best. And that Sublime Sun looks perfect for days by the pool. Thank you for sharing these! Also....new photo with red(!!) hair - super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be pale (I actually liked it) but we have traveled soooo much this summer with my husbands work that sometimes I'll slather judah up with SPF and totally forget to put some on myself. So now I have the worst farmers tan ever because I always take Judah outside for walks when we travel (I do almost every day at home as well) So my arms look like I live in Florida and my legs look like I live in Alaska ;-)

    ReplyDelete

your comments are the peanut butter to my jelly!